Lutheran High School of Hawaii is a member of the Interscholastic League of Honolulu (ILH) and is able to offer a variety of sports activities. Lutheran High sponsors its own teams in some activities but is also a member of the PAC-5 program. PAC-5 is a combination of several small schools who have joined together for the purpose of providing a greater opportunity to participate for its students. These ILH programs provide a wide variety of team and individual sports for all interested students.
Students who wish to become involved in the athletic program should be aware of the following requirements:
1) The student athlete must have adequate insurance.
2) All student athletes must submit a completed “Hawaii State Department of Education Physical Examination for Athletes” form prior to participation. This form is available from the school office.
3) All student athletes and their parents must read and sign the LHS athletic contract.
4) All student athletes must be eligible according to the ILH Constitution and By-Laws.
Students are encouraged to participate in the following sports:
|FALL||VOLLEYBALL (G)||AIR RIFLERY*|
|TENNIS - JV*|
|WATER POLO (B)|
|BASKETBALL (G)||SOFTBALL (G)*|
|TENNIS - INT.*|
|TENNIS - VARS*|
|TRACK AND FIELD|
|WATER POLO (G)|
Standards for Participation
All students are eligible to participate in athletics with the following restrictions:
1) Students with a GPA between 1.8 and 1.99 in the previous quarter will be placed on Academic Review. A student who has been placed on Academic Review may remain eligible by complying with the following:
a. The student must meet with the Athletic Director.
b. The grade average for the student will be determined on a weekly basis for the current quarter. A student must achieve a weekly average of “C” or better and have no Failures in that week in order to be eligible for the following week. Weekly report forms are obtained from the Athletic Director and must be signed by all instructors.
2) Any students with less than a 1.8 GPA or two or more F’s in the previous quarter will be ineligible for athletic participation for the following quarter.